Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome!

I'm so excited about becoming a consultant with Shelf Reliance that I decided to start this blog as a way to share what I'm learning. What began as a desire to get more shelving for my canned foods has turned me into somewhat of a Shelf Reliance junkie. I wasn't too sure about how well I would like freeze dried food. It sounded kind of weird to me. I figured I would just end up buying some freeze dried meats, fruits and veggies to add to my food storage. That way if we ever really had to live off of our food storage at least we'd have some variety and more nutrition in our diet.

Then I had my party. My sponsor came and let us sample a lot of Shelf Reliance's food which is called Thrive. We had brownies and macaroon cookies and tried strawberries and pineapple. She made chicken salad using the freeze dried chicken, onion and celery. Everything was so good and tasted so fresh. I was hooked! Since my party I've been able to try a lot more food. Some of my favorites are the freeze dried corn, broccoli and peaches. They are great for snacking right out of the can. Not to mention the delicious orange yogurt which is the best snack of all.

So now that I knew the quality of the food is great, I wanted to see how it would be to actually cook with Thrive. A few things I've made so far are BBQ chicken with cornbread in the crockpot, Broccoli and Beef, Chicken Noodle Soup, and my favorite Baked Potato Soup. Everything turned out great and was so easy. I'll soon be adding more posts with recipes and pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere. I love food storage so I can't wait to read your posts! - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete