Friday, May 20, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

I received a recipe for Baked Potato Soup from another Shelf Reliance consultant. It sounded good but I made some changes to make it even easier. I'm finding that convenience is my favorite thing about cooking with my Thrive food. I'm all about finding shortcuts and having meals that are quick and easy to make. I also like that this soup is healthier than baked potato soups I've made in the past. I usually prefer a cream base potato soup but this has a broth base and is still creamy and yummy! This recipe uses Thrive Freeze Dried Potato Dices. I can't tell you how much I liked having all my potatoes peeled and cut up for me, and yet they still taste just like fresh potatoes. Here's a picture of these adorable little potato dices.



I liked this soup so much I think I made it 3 times in 2 weeks. What I ended up doing was assembling all the ingredients into several ziplock bags. This saves me even more time and I love having assembled meals in my pantry. All I have to do is add water and cook. I brought some of my meals in a bag to a Shelf Reliance party and let the host and those that booked parties choose a meal to take home!



Baked Potato Soup
4 cups Thrive FD Potato Dices
4 tsp Thrive Chicken Bouillon added to 8 cups water
2/3 cup Thrive FD onion
1 cup Thrive Powdered Sour Cream reconstituted with 1/4 cup water
1 cup Thrive TVP Ham or Bacon (optional)
salt and pepper

Cook potatoes and onion in chicken broth until soft, about 20 minutes, adding additional water if necessary. Mash Slightly. Stir in sour cream and bacon. Heat until warmed through, adding more water if necessary. Add salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds delish! and looks ahhhmAzing! love shay!

    ReplyDelete