Monday, May 23, 2011

Super Easy Chicken Salad


Really? Dried Chopped Chicken in a can that stays fresh for 25 years unopened and 1 year opened? Surely it must taste like cardboard. This is what I thought before I actually tried the chicken.

After trying this chicken salad I was shocked that it was so good and tasted just like fresh chicken. I've had this chicken salad served on crackers at a couple of Shelf Reliance parties and everybody loves it. I love how easy it is to make. No cooking raw chicken and no chopping vegetables. My husband made this salad for a quick dinner the other night since we were seriously low on groceries and it turned out great!





Chicken Salad Sandwiches
1 1/2 cups Thrive FD chicken
1/2 cup Thrive FD celery
1/3 cup Thrive onion
3 cups water
1/2 cup mayo
salt and pepper

Combine chicken, celery, onion and water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer until reconstituted (about 10 minutes). Drain well, making sure to remove all excess water. Set aside in the refrigerator until cool. Combine the cooled chicken mixture with mayo. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon onto bread or crackers.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this recipe. I have never used my dried chicken and I have all the ingredients. THANKS! - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete