Sunday, June 26, 2011

Representing the men in the family...

Hi,
My beautiful wife Trish has assigned me the task of writing about the Thrive instant powdered milk. I think it's because I'm the chief consumer of dairy in the family. She isn't much of a recreational milk drinker, but I guzzle the stuff. We really should invest in a milk cow, but because I don't have time for care, feeding, and milking of the animal, and because the neighbors would likely complain, that's not happening anytime soon.

In the meantime, I have found that Thrive milk is really close to store-bought. I have tried whey powder, soy milk, and almond milk. I actually enjoy drinking them all to some degree, and some quite a lot. Powdered milk is another story. I haven't tried them all, but those I have don't even work with chocolate - they are relegated to pancakes. There are rumors about powdered milk brands available that are close to the real thing - I just haven't experienced any until we got the Thrive Instant Milk. It's great being able to skip a trip to the store just to get milk. The Thrive powder mixes up well with cold water (1 and a 1/3 cup into 2 quarts water) and is ready to drink.

I am a fan, and most telling of all, the boys drink it without ever asking if it's "real" milk or homemade. Until the next time Trish needs me to write her blog for her,
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment